Thursday, February 9, 2012

His Eye is on the Sparrow


As most of you know, this song was the inspiration for naming our baby, this is a new(er) version by Audrey Assad, and I just HAD to share it with you all, because it is my favorite! The week I went through my miscarriage, "His eye is on the Sparrow" was continually on my heart, my husband was away training with the Army, and this song was about the only comfort I felt during that time. When I heard this version, I was instantly in love, you know that moment when you hear a song that you are convinced was written for you? Well this song is that for me! In the final verse when she changes the lyrics to say "I sing because He loves me, I singe because I'm free," I knew this song was my gift! This was the first time I have ever heard those lyrics inserted, and it was perfect! We named our baby Sparrow, because this bird is a symbol of love and freedom, though we never met our first baby, she will be forever loved, and as I have said before, who is more free than a child who has only known heaven as her home? Free from pain, free from sorrow, free from suffering, a life spent in worship is as free as it gets! I hope this song touches you as it has touched me.

No comments:

Post a Comment